Double Duty This Holiday: Decor and Chores
As the holiday season approaches, many of us dive into the joyful task of decorating our homes with festive lights, ornaments, and other decorations. But why not make the most of this time by tackling some essential chores simultaneously? In this guide, we’ll show you how to efficiently complete tasks while decorating your home, making the most of your time and ensuring your space is both festive and well-maintained.
- If you’re wrapping your outdoor bushes with holiday lights, it’s an ideal time to give them a little trim. Pruning helps maintain a neat appearance and allows the lights to shine brightly without obstruction.
- Hanging lights from your gutters? Take a few extra minutes to clean out any leaves and debris while you’re up there. It’s a chore that’s often overlooked but essential for preventing clogs and water damage. You can find our blog about gutter cleaning here!
- While you already have a ladder out for hanging lights, why not check and replace any burnt-out light bulbs around the house? This simple task can improve your home’s lighting and safety.
- If you’re adorning your windows with wreaths or lights, take the opportunity to clean the glass. A streak-free shine enhances the overall appearance of your home. Check out our glass cleaning guide.
- When decorating your front porch, declutter the space by removing any old or weathered items. Replace worn doormats and cushions for a fresh and inviting entrance.
- Preparing your outdoor decorations often means retrieving them from the garage. As you pull out your holiday items, take a moment to organize and declutter your garage space.
- While decorating your mantel or hearth, inspect your fireplace. Remove any ashes, soot, or debris. A clean fireplace not only looks better but also operates more efficiently. Here is our guide on fireplace safety!
- Decorating your home often involves moving furniture and decorations. Use this time to change your HVAC system’s air filters, improving indoor air quality. Not sure how to swap your filter? We can help!
- As you access your holiday decorations, consider decluttering your closets. Donate items you no longer need to make space for holiday attire and guests’ coats.
Decorating your home is a joyful task, and it can be made even more satisfying by taking care of essential chores at the same time. Whether it’s trimming the bushes, cleaning the gutters, or cleaning your windows, these efficiency tips will help you make the most of your preparations. As you create a festive and welcoming atmosphere, you’ll also ensure that your home is well-maintained and ready for the season’s celebrations.