BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Please be advised that all properties are leased on a first come, first served basis and are based on desired move in date. The application fee is non-refundable, but your application will be kept on file for 30 days and can be transferred to any RENU Management property.
- Anyone 18 years of age or older is required to complete an application, is subject to our screening process and will be included as a signer on the lease agreement upon approval.
- Each applicant must have a valid Social Security number
- Each applicant must attach a copy of the front and back of their government issued ID
- A credit report will be pulled on every applicant using TransUnion Resident Score credit scores
- Credit scores of multiple applicants will be reviewed as an average
- An average score of 600 is required
- Applicant can be denied if no credit report can be obtained
- Further verification can be required for some results
- Bankruptcies in the past 7 years will result in an automatic decline
- Income of all applicants will be combined, and must meet or exceed 3x the monthly rent amount based off of gross monthly income
- The rental application asks for online bank verification for proof of income
- If bank verification is not possible, then the application must include additional attachments including the 3 most recent bank statements showing income deposits AND at least one of the following as applicable:
- Paystubs – (W-2, Hourly, Salary Employee)
- Need the most recent 30 day period
- If paid weekly, we need 4
- Or, if paid biweekly, we need 2
- Or, if paid monthly we need 1
- 1099 – (Contract Employee – Non-W-2)
- 1099 Statement
- And 3 Months Worth of Bank Statements
- Must show source of income
- Self-employed – (Owns a business)
- Need IRS transcripts https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
- Offer Letter
- Must be on company letterhead
- And start date must be within 14-days of the prospective move-in date
- Rental Income
- Copy of the lease with your tenant
- And most recent tax return
- Child Support
- Court Order Agreement
- Social Security/Disability
- Benefits Statement from Social Security
- Veteran Affairs (VA)
- Veteran Affairs Benefit Statement
- Official Retirement/Pension Statement
- Paystubs – (W-2, Hourly, Salary Employee)
- Some income sources may require additional verification
- Low-income applicants who do not meet the established thresholds have the option of obtaining a guarantor/co-signer. Guarantor/CoSigner must:
- Apply and meet qualifying criteria
- Must individually meet or exceed 5x the monthly rent amount based off gross monthly income
- Must be a lease signer
- A rental verification may be sent to a previous or current landlord to determine rentability
- Negative rental history including, but not limited to, skip out, bad reference, money owed to a previous or current landlord, an eviction filing in the past 3 years can result in an automatic decline
- A criminal background check will be conducted on all applicants/guarantors/co-signer
- Landlord will assess the risk to persons or property posed by the applicant and can take into consideration:
- Type of crime
- Severity of crime
- Facts and circumstances surrounding the crime
- Length of time since crime
- Age of applicant at time of crime
- Evidence of rehabilitation efforts
- Landlord can automatically deny an application based on the following:
- Manufacture and/or distribution of controlled substances
- Sex related offenses
- Violent offenses against person or property
- Landlord may deny based solely on the number of arrests and/or charges appearing on record
- No more than 2 pets per household
- Assistance animals for persons with disabilities are not considered pets and are not subject to breed restrictions. Documentation from the attending physician and ESA Letter are required to be provided at the time the application is initially submitted.
- Livestock, poisonous, wild or exotic animals are not permitted
- A one-time, non-refundable pet fee will apply per pet
- A monthly pet rent per pet will apply
- Some breeds of canine are not permitted. The breeds are as listed:
- Rottweiler, Pitbull Terrier, Staffordshire Terrier, Chow, Akita, Doberman Pinscher, Wolf-Hybrids, Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Husky, or any mix containing one of these breeds
- A photo of each pet is required with the application
Upon receipt of your rental application, we will do the following
Check your credit report.
Conduct a criminal background check.
Check public records for any past evictions or bankruptcies.
Verify monthly income.
Verify your landlord references.
You will be contacted regarding any additional information needed, which may include photo ID, proof of income/paystubs, and pet photos.
Application Does Not Create a Lease
Your application, even if accepted, shall under no circumstances be considered a lease agreement between Applicant and Landlord, or an offer to lease. No lease shall exist between Applicant and Landlord until the parties enter into a formal Lease Agreement and Applicant pays all required fees, deposits, and rent.
RENU Property Management adheres strictly to the provisions of the Fair Housing Act, which makes it unlawful to discriminate in rental services because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap (disability), familial status, or national origin.