Using Drain Cleaner on a Slowed or Clogged Drain
A clogged or slowed drain is a common household problem, but it doesn’t have to be a headache. One solution is to use a septic safe drain cleaning product. These products can help dissolve any clogs or buildup that may be obstructing your drain, allowing water to flow freely once again. Here are a few simple tips to get the most out of your favorite drain cleaning product.
- Read the instructions:
- Always read and follow the instructions on the bottle of your drain cleaner product. Different products may have different usage directions, so make sure you’re using the product correctly.
- Remove any standing water:
- Before using the drain cleaner, remove any standing water from the sink or tub. This will allow the product to work more effectively.
- Pour the product down the drain:
- Slowly pour the drain cleaner down the drain, being careful not to splash any of the product onto your skin or clothing.
- Allow the product to sit in the drain for the recommended amount of time (usually around 30 minutes).
- Run hot water:
- After the recommended time has passed, run hot water down the drain for a few minutes. This will help flush out any remaining debris.
It’s important to note that while drain cleaner products can be effective, they can also be dangerous if not used properly. Always follow the usage directions carefully, and never mix different drain cleaners or pour them down the drain at the same time.
If you are still experiencing issues, make a maintenance request with the RENU Team here.